You are able to log in as anyone. Be careful!
Our Maple Ridge Club will be located at #101-22420 Dewdney Trunk Rd in Maple Ridge. The club will front onto Dewdney Trunk Road in the downtown area right next door to City Hall. Pre-sales for the new club will begin in mid-September and our opening is slated for early January, 2014! Go to full description...
club 16 Trevor Linden, Maple Ridge Reviews (7)
Their policy causes you to waive all of your privacy rights, in such a way that you can never get rid of them. You allow them to use your personal information however they want. (and I haven't even decided to join yet)!!
I have since visited 3 other gyms, who happily told me everything I wanted to know with only my first name for info. I will be joining one of the other 3.
Now that I'm done the ding dong that met me at the beginning was waiting there to talk further. I said I want to check out the woman's side and he said he can't go in there.. ok. So I'm thinking he would grab the girl upfront to show me around, no! He just said go in and look around. Ahh ok. So I do and not want to look weird and just look around while ppl are working out I was in there for all of a min and a half maybe. Waste of time.. anyway we sat down in the office room and talked about cost etc. I wasn't too impressed. There's a 59 dollar registration fee, ok fine I can handle that. But then there's a 29 dollar fee that you have to pay 2 weeks later for a body fat mass measurement, and nutrition thing. If you take it or not you still pay!? I'm a lean woman that has some goals, not to lose weight but gain muscle. Then every year there's a fee that's 29 dollars also in May. Not terrible but a piss off cause now it's adding up. And your bi-weekly payment of 8 dollars, so 16 a month. Long story somewhat sort. Really crappy customer service and shitty information about joining. I have made up my mind that I will not taking my business there. Unless they actually get staff that know what there doing and get away from these kids working there. Not very happy. It's a shame. On a side note it's a very nice gym and clean.
Pros- new equipment, large gym, always clean, plentiful cardio machines, nice change rooms and lockers, cheap price, relatively cool at all times of the year, open early
Cons- poorly trained staff only about 3 staff really know the answers to your questions, poor customer service, usually very very busy, cliques amongst members, a lot of meat heads, line ups for certain equipment particularly the squat rack, closes at 5pm on weekends
- The gym is big you never wait for equipment and can stay on as long as you like without having to sign up for a machine.
- Monthly price once you pay for the initial one time $100+ sign up fee
- Large & plentiful lockers
- Nice womens only gym.
- Lack of air conditioning. Deathly hot in the summer.
- FILTHY showers. I don't care how much employees tell you they are washed. They are definitely not cleaned regularly. I know an employee at the gym who has admitted no employee wants to clean up all the dirt and grime that clogs the drain holes. I am not a princess and can rough it, but even I have standards. I use the handicap shower with a long adjustable shower head so I can spray the inside down before I use it. Health inspectors should look into this.
- Music is often super loud and you can barely hear your own ipod turned on the highest volume. My friend and I have both asked several employees on multiple occasions and generally get a snarky attitude, a dirty look or a story they can't adjust the volume (Their stereo is in the back room). Sometimes they have been nice and have turned it down as their stereo is in the back room. Once they even gave me look and turned up the music. I don't appreciate being lied to after being a respectful loyal paying customer since the gym opened almost a year ago.
- Employees who teach the classes are not trained professionals.
The only reason I will continue going for now is the price, amount of equipment and convenient location.