You are able to log in as anyone. Be careful!
Sharing your life with a dog is one of the most enjoyable and rewarding experiences you can have. Unfortunately, the challenges of training your best friend can sometimes be overwhelming. ThatÃ¢â¬â¢s where Bark Busters can help. Go to full description...
Bark Busters GTA, Toronto Reviews (2)
Now Cedric finally listens to me - barking at the door was his biggest issue and this took about a week of daily practice to fix. Second was leash aggression - lunging, barking, complete embarrassment as he would try to rip apart any dog in sight.
This took months of walking exercises and working on learning to read his body language cues for ME to get it right. My trainer in Toronto, Lisa, was patient and visited me about 5 times over those 4 months. I also know that if something else happens or I need more help that she will come back - that's what the gaurantee is all about (read the fine print people - my trainer made me read it out loud! lol and it said right on the gaurantee "this is not a money back gaurantee but one of continued service." duh)
i'm only giving 4 stars cuz price was expensive but in the end...it was totally worth it!!
Oh where do I start…
1. Training “bags” were a complete joke. After having these thrown at her half a dozen times, she couldn’t be bothered. We followed all instructions, i.e. not picking them up in her line of sight, not treating them as a toy, soaking them in bitter apple, etc.
2. “Bahing” at our dog. After literally months of growling at our dog, the results were negligible. On top of this, it’s completely embarrassing.
3. Told not to use commands. Commands are a “crutch”. Apparently so are treats/toys or any other item you may use to gain the attention of your dog. Ironically, the only method they taught that actually worked used commands (sit, stay).
4. Continued from point 3: training routines didn’t work. Methods to stop pulling, methods to focus on master, methods to stop scratching = failure. After months of a dedicated, concentrated effort we noticed only miniscule improvement.
5. “Purchasing ______ (expensive) food will help calm her down”. Well, false in our case. Feeding our dog $70 "premium" foods has made no recognizable impact on the behaviour/energy level of our dog.
The worst part about all of this is that their “life time guarantee” is total BS. In the life time of the dog you can never seek outside assistance. And there is NO refund if it doesn’t work. Furthermore, after 5 sessions our trainer kind of threw up her hands and said “oh well”. She seemed genuinely frustrated and at a loss for words at what was happening. She said everything but “this doesn’t work”. She admitted that our dog was an extremely hard case and that this had never happened to her before. It’s a shame.
So we paid over $700 to find out that our dog was a hard case. I’ve since done some research, and the general consensus on the internet is that their methods don’t work with large dogs. It seems to intimidate, startle or scare smaller dogs into submission. However, exerting dominance and control over a larger dog seems to require a different approach. Again, I don’t blame my instructor for everything. I also know that there are areas we could improve in. But overall, it was very obvious that the passage of time could change our dog’s behavior as much as this program did. And that wouldn’t require a $700 deposit.
Additional business details
Bark Busters can help with a wide variety of dog behaviours including:
Puppy training Leash training Barking Separation anxiety Aggressive dog behaviour Jumping General Obedience training
Bark Busters delivers customized dog training solutions for the results you want. Whether you are looking for a dog trainer for puppy training, crate training, basic obedience, or behaviour modification, Bark Busters can help.