You are able to log in as anyone. Be careful!
MIG Homes is a true Calgary Family Renovation and Custom Home builder. At MIG Homes our scope of work spans from commercial office renovations, custom home transformations, to personalized building experiences. We excel at the little details, and personal touch where other contractors fail. Go to full description...
Images and videos (5)
MIG Homes, Calgary Reviews (5)
I was casually looking around for a few months for ways to get my unfinished, wet, cold garage improved into a usable work room and car haven. I considered doing it myself, but when I heard about MIG i thought i'd give them a call. No harm in asking, right?
After I spoke to Trevor (who runs the place with his siblings Odesa and Warren) I knew a contractor was the way to go.
2 short weeks later I had the garage of my dreams! I now have a full work bench, storage racks/shelving, even a place to stow the kayak (ceiling rack, go figure. That one was Warren's idea). Now I have more room than I know what to do with. Maybe it's time to get that motorcycle ;)
THANKS MIG HOMES!
What we had done: ensuite almost fully renovated: wall unit & cabinets installed w/new sink, new tub and tile, new flooring, new fixtures, and shower was retiled. Granite counter tops along with upper/ lower cabinets and a pantry style cabinet added in the kitchen. Cabinet and counter added in mud room. Here is what we experienced:
- Project plan 6 -8 weeks. We understand there are delays, but reno took from July 30th to Nov 19th which was 16 weeks.
- Demoed ensuite to start the project Jul 30, then very little was done leaving us without the use of our bathroom for months. Told was done and able to use except for the mirror Oct 29th. Mirror finally installed Nov 10th and was not centered, fixed Nov 19th ending project.
- Waited weeks for ensuite reconstruction to start. Called Warren he said "I was expecting this call two weeks ago". Why didn't he call to explain long before I had to call then? Were told the cabinet company lost the order, Warren never checked on the progress, had to reorder when they never came on expected delivery date.
- Counter for the mud room wasn't installed, we asked where it was. Were told it was cancelled with the cabinet order... I thought the cabinet order was lost not cancelled, which was it?
- After cabinet mix up, only heard from Warren when it was time for them to get paid and never heard from Odessa again. Before the work started Odessa assured us that they focus on the job and would be with us every step of the way, that didn't happen. Found out from a sub contractor a guy named Sam was organising the work on our place for Warren. Sam never contacted us or met us until the last week in October, when most of the job was completed.
- Cabinets were finished in the ensuite for weeks, but mirror was not measured until the last week of October. Were told was a "miscommunication" between Sam and Warren.
- After waiting and discussing what we wanted with both Warren and Odessa on more than one occasion; extra cabinets were ordered for the mud room we didn't want and a few were the wrong type/finishing. At least one drawer front in the kitchen was ordered incorrect. Corrected drawer front finally installed Nov 12th.
- Warren repeatedly told us he would send us drawings, info, choices, etc. And we always had to request he send it days later when we were still waiting for it.
- Warren is always late and seems disorganised (is this where the "lost" orders come from?). One time he even showed up to take measurements without a tape measure or even a pen to write them down!
- Sam told us we would get cleaners coming in when the project wrapped up; didn’t happen.
- We were told that Warren would sit down with us to review our budget savings/overruns, but that didn’t happen either. Just sent us our last invoices and requested we leave cheque for them to pick up.
While we were satisfied with the final product, if you are looking for customer service and a timely renovation, we would definitely NOT recommend MIG Homes.
I am very sorry you had a bad experience with MIG Homes. As you know we are a family business and take customer satisfaction seriously. I have reviewed your project with Odessa, Warren and Sam we have identified places were we can improve. I thank you for your feedback, it is important that we turn these criticisms into learning experience for us. I offer no excuses for our sub par performance, however I do offer my apologies once again to you and your family.
Thank you for taking the time to articulate your frustrations.
I am glad you like the quality of the job.
JPM Sept 2010
Wendy in Calgary Home Renovation I really didn't want to move, build or renovate ever again but suddenly found myself with a large bungalow that needed a complete update --floors, kitchen, bathrooms, updated electrical,paint, plus an extra room in the basement for guests. We completely gutted the kitchen and bathrooms, raised the floors to all one level, removed a wall in the kitchen and vaulted the kitchen ceiling. MIG did a renovation plan, timeline and a budget for me to work with. Unlike previous experiences with other companies, I really had no surprises and I knew where I was at with the project at all times. They had suppliers and suggestions for everything yet were happy to work with anyone I wanted to. Every person associated with the company was polite and lovely do deal with. My work site was always clean and I was always in the loop. This was by far the best renovation/building experience I have had and I would highly recommend MIG Homes. They did an incredible job of transforming this lovely but rather dated house into a jewel of a home. Oh-- and it was fun too..... June 2010