You are able to log in as anyone. Be careful!
Midas is one of the world's largest providers of auto repair services, including brakes, oil change, tires, maintenance, steering, and exhaust services. Visit your local Midas for additional services. Go to full description...
Images and videos (3)
Midas, Toronto Reviews (3)
5 starts out of 5 - would recommend their services to all.
Pros: Service, Price, Competency, Knowledge.
Situation: because of a move I was searching for a new auto repair shop I could trust for my 2014 SUV. I found Midas on Danforth on line, which was on my way to the Lake House from work. I started with a small work order: oil change, and as I was very satisfied with all, I returned for tire change for the season, storage, and for my break work. I recommend this place for many reasons:
1) Online: I was able to request my appointments on line, and I did get responses right away. While they repaired the car: I stay in the waiting room and got a great place to work, free WiFi.
2) Respect: They respected the appointment time, they told me 1:00 and they were able to take my car in at 1:00 and start working on it. Appointments respected every time. I also saw walk in, they accommodate them, but people with appointment are not moved to accommodate more business.
3) Knowledge: They have updated their tools, they do research, they keep themselves updated about current developments in their field, they put the right resources and tools to maximum use, changing resource depending on challenge and knowledge required. Staff seems happy and very competent. The time they say it would take for my work: they were right on.
4) Transparent: you can see your car being worked on, it is not like other places when you go in the waiting room and wait for hours without updates, you see all and they come back with updates, good communication, showing all, price, … you become part of the decision.
5) Empowerment: They ‘listen’ to your needs. We are not all the same and we don’t have all the same requirements, they offer choices. Explain the differences, you can clearly hear reliable information and sound judgment. You are not forced into certain decisions, you remain in control. And they don’t try to sell you anything at all, they inform you.
6) COST: this was better than all services I previously got; in addition they had great promotion I took advantage of.
7) Leadership; the owner is there working in the office, he assumes a very strong leadership and influences positively others. His knowledge and communication skills are great. Any question you may have, he would happily give you all the information you need. And he relies on the right people with their ability for each part of the work. All are working well as one team.
8) Ethics and trust: this is important for me. The way I was treated and how I saw many people being treated, all with very different needs, it was amazing, helping all, not taking advantage of situations, searching for best depending on budget.
To close this review: Trusting your car repair place is a safety issue as well as a financial concern. You stay with your physician and your dentist if you like all of their offerings: not only the work they perform and their knowledge, but it is also about the experience. At Midas on Danforth they are professional for your car. And you don’t get frustrated or feel like you have been taken for a ride. I will return there.
I went back 5 times and now have to repay someone else to do the job right.I trused him and got taken for not only a financial ride but also had to take the time to keep going back and due without my car.
Frank the owner is a Wolf in sheeps clothing!
At a recent summer gathering most of those ‘9 or 10 others’ and I happened to bring up the Midas boys, one of my colleagues had his SUV fixed the day before and made a point of thanking me for referring Midas to him. His SUV is only 6 years old and has had a stalling problem for over 4 months. The vehicle had been checked by 5 other shops before it landed in Frank’s hands. Those 5 visits cost my colleague over $875.00 with the problem unresolved. Frank and his team charged a mere $84.75 and fixed the problem in a ‘couple of hours.’ To top it all off they picked his SUV up and delivered to him at no extra charge. My colleague initially called to inquire about scheduling his vehicle for a check over, he mentioned that I recommended him but I know that this was not overly influential. Regardless, my colleague could not find the time in his schedule to drop off his SUV until a week and half later. Barb, who was on the other end of the phone apparently sensed the stress is my colleague’s tone and offered to pick up the SUV. When my colleague replied that he was grateful but could not find the time to pick it up after it was looked at, “Barb quickly replied with ‘Oh God we’ll deliver it back to you, that’s no problem.’” He ‘was floored’ and not only was he was totally impressed with the service but he felt ‘that they were genuinely looking to help him through this.’
Junebug, I can’t imagine how you would get to write what you have after personally having experienced the total opposite, not only myself but numerous others too. Frank has been more than fair with his charges for all my services and I know for a fact that he is a man of integrity who really cares about people. I’ve heard it said ‘No vice without its punishment’ loosely translated no good deed goes without punishment. I don’t know what went on during your visit but I’m certain the aforementioned applies.