You are able to log in as anyone. Be careful!
MetCap Living is a manager of 46 multi-family properties comprising of 8,105 suites in the Greater Toronto Area, 1,194 suites in Montreal and another 68 suites in Belleville, Ontario. MetCap Living ha Go to full description...
Images and videos (9)
MetCap Living, North York Reviews (50)
The first bad experience was when the air conditioner/heater in my apartment went off. I requested maintenance about 5 times and they sometimes the technician to check it over and over without ever fixing it. This process took more than 6 months and was not fixed until I left.
The second and most terrible experience was miss representation by the building manager, her name is Nadia. Long story short, after the never done maintenance, I decided to leave the building at the end of my lease. When they sent the lease renewal notice I made sure I refuse renewing and I submitted the signed notice and my decision in person to Nadia. I was naive by trusting people too much and did not request her signature and a copy of the notice. At that time Nadia was facing a problem where many tenants were leaving because of their attitude and she was trying not to get fired because of that. When my lease ended I came to submit the key and boom! she told me no you did not inform us that you are leaving and your lease was renewed!!. She kept refusing taking the key from me and then I found out that they filled a case against me claiming that I did not pay leave the apartment and that I must pay two months rent if I do not want to stay in the apartment. Now one year and a half post this incident and I am not able to lease anywhere because they messed up my file with "regie du logement" and I refused to pay the two months because I feel I was made of and will never pay it to them under any circumstances. However, Nadia was fired less than a year later but I think the reason was not because of tenants complaints but it was because the building was losing tenants at a high rate.
In short, there are countless reputable landlords out there so take your time shopping around and reading reviews before you get trapped and end up in a situation like me.
1) Garbage, in the lobby.
2) Garbage, in the parking lot
3) Garbage smell in the hallways
4) Garbage smell IN YOUR APARTMENT
5) Waking up to cold water ONLY
6) Waking up to NO water
8) Ineffective Managment
9) A new surprise every morning in the lobby or stairwells (dog urine or maybe somebody threw up... Who knows! It's a surprise!)
...and every year a free rent raise for all!
They do not care if there tenants get bit by bugs. They do not care if something goes wrong. The supper is very rude. i am on disability. i can hardly walk. my rent goes directly from the government to them and when my wife and i learned that metcap was taking over we gave our 60 day notice. one week later we get an eviction notice saying that we owe over 2000 dollars. we gave them our stubs from our check to prove that rent was paid and they lifted the eviction. two weeks later we get anouther eviction notice from the shariff saying that we have 10 days to leave the apartment or else. we call our worker and just our luck he was transferd to anouther office and our new worker has no clue whats going on. tomorrow is our last day. we have nowere to go. it is not only us that they did this to. we were good tenents for six years, had no problems untill met cap took over. and now we are getting treated like sh.. .
It only adds to the discomfort when there is no hot water in my apartment for the last 3 weeks. We have had notices for repair but the technicians simply can not do their jobs because the management didn't pay them for that kind of a job - this happened for three different technicians. The management is just trying to figure out a cheap fix for the problem and is unwilling to dig deep.
Very very disappointed with the management, unfortunately, I am on lease for a year and it is only my first month. I wish I could give them negative rating.
I ended up staying there for 5 years and never got one repair request fulfilled. The place was deplorable, where the fridge they never changed or repaired. I had many things go bad quickly and lost a lot of money that way. I put in request to fix the kitchen floor and stove. Worst landlords ever!!!, Do not rent from them
I was attacked by armed gunmen in my apartment there, I suffered fractured ribs and concussion. There was no security on the doors, they were swung wide open most of the times, lock busted. Was traumatized tremendously by the event and requested to move additionally they had no working cameras to show the police after the event. Then after turned around and sent a bill to collections to sue for 2 months rent. This is a true story.
In the past there were few water outages, but it didn't affect me at all. I pre-packed big bottles of water for next time it happened and used that to wash and clean if I needed to. The grocery store and bus stop are very close, as well as a nice bike trail. I moved here to be close to York University as I finished my degree in 2014. Now there is Rent Moola so I can pay my rent online with few clicks which is super convenient :)
Since I've moved in, here are the problems I've encountered:
1) no water once a week from 9 - 5PM. They will give you notice. ONE DAY NOTICE.
2) parking lot construction, hence making me lose my assigned spots. which is ok.. BUT YOU ARE STILL ASKED TO PAY FOR ASSIGNED PARKING!
3) rent increase OVER THE ALLOWABLE LIMIT. I just moved in and I'm already getting a rent increase. way to go MetCap. I'll definitely be loyal to you. NOT!
4) laundry room floods. Nuff said about that.
5) ZERO HEAT IN THE WINTER! If you are ok wearing 3 layers of sweaters at home in the winter and sitting in front of a portable heater then I guess you can live here.
6) after 40 years of not changing the one layer windows, they finally changed it under threat from the government that they will get shut down. So when do they change it? Dead middle of winter February 2015. And once again it was a ONE DAY NOTICE! Hi tenant we will be changing all your windows TOMORROW so prepare yourself!
7) bedbugs. So far, I have not had this issue but I have some neighbours who have complained about this already. I pray to God that I move out before I get this issue too.
8) sewage problem as of May 2015. Hallways smell like feces...
Another issue with metcap is that the superintendents do everything: fix anything that is broken , cleaning, dealing with rent payment, shoveling snow, plumbing and many more. because of all that they do , simple mopping can not be done well. the elevators are disguising.
The laundry room is disgusting, there were holes in the walls when we moved in, our window is broken and fixed with tape...
- when we viewed the apartment last April we were assured that all windows were to be replaced LAST summer so that we would not have to hear Hwy. 427 24hrs a day. There are no new windows as of October 17. This was a lie.
- I was forced to call the police to report domestic violence in the the neighbors apartment. The police came followed by paramedics. The male was arrested. I had to give a report at 1:30 a.m. I had complained about the noise and shouting to the building Office on numerous occasions prior to this. I may have to testify in court as well. I actually pay to live here?
- There have been numerous false fire alarms and alarm malfunction since I moved into the building in May 2014.
- the management has no idea who is parked in any spot in the building's underground parking. I was forced to move three times and finally ended in a spot where waste water drips on my car.
- two weeks ago an extermination company came through the entire building to inspect for vermin. This may have something to do with the cling film-wrapped furniture that I saw placed by the exterior garbage the week prior; a sure sign of bedbug infestation. Would you want to live in a residence like this?
- Tonight there is no hot water. None. There has been none since at least 6:00 p.m. There is no notification or communication as to when the hot water will be restored.
- I understand that the elevators were also nonfunctional for a period of time today.
-Incredibly disruptive and annoying construction can be heard several times a month as neighbouring apartments are renovated. This can start as early as 8:00 a.m. Again, no advance warnings.
- for all of this I have the privilege of paying $1300 a month for a small one bedroom apartment and one "crap dripping" parking spot.
- shall I go on?
I will NEVER have any association with any Metcap property again. I suggest that no one else done either.
Lived at 1 Fountainhead in North York. When we were to move in at the 1st of the month, they told us that "repairs" hadn't been completed. It took over a week for us to finally be allowed to move in. When we did, the only thing done was part of the flooring at the front door. Everything else was painted over - literally everything was given a lashing of off white paint door knobs and all. Kitchen has water damage in the lower cupbords, there was a smell in general in the kitchen, I never stored food in the cupboards bought a pantry.wouldn't be surprised if there is a mold problem as well, felt unwell and fatigued most of the time. Roaches were outragous! Rather than treating the entire building, they did it 1 unit at a time based on complaint. Hot water and heating rarely worked during winter, cold water non-existent during summer. Winter 2013 well after the ice storm they shut off the heat! And waited for the compaints to roll in before informing the building of what was happening. Boilers were always being "repaired" every other week. Water shut off was a common thing. Running taps in the bathroom never fixed properly, maintanence would come but as they left taps would run at full stream again. The last request to fix bathroom taps was ignored. Living room wall puffed out spontaniously one evening. Final straw was after living there for 3 years, bed bugs moving in with us. I should note that we bought brand new funiture when we moved in. Had heard a tenant say she had bedbug issue but didn't affect my unit until a year after that conversation. As with the roaches, they only treat 1 unit at a time based on complaints rather than treating the entire building. When I complained they said they'd come to treat and didn't. We left all our furniture behind. I've never, in all my 34 years on earth seen a bed bug, thought that was a third world problem. Metcap is a slumlord company, Ashok Salani the land lord is rude with no customer service and his choice in staff reflects that. The worst of my renting experience.
This is one of the many issues that I have with them. And it is not even a year that they've bought the building I am living in.